The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
- Statement of intent - From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and Email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, billing statements and email bulletins.By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Rocom and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. Rocom will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
- What is a cookie? - When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows.Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user.NB: Even if you haven't set your computer to reject cookies you can still browse our site anonymously until such time as you register for Rocom services.
- Use and storage of your personal information - When you supply any personal information to Rocom (e.g. when ordering products or services) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to Rocom will only be used within. It will never be supplied to anyone outside Rocom without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to Rocom and Rocom considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Rocom can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the content and your behaviour. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of a personalised service, such as online billing, you no longer wish to continue your registration as a personalised user. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other Rocom services (e.g. information requests), that information will be held only as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Access to your personal information - You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Rocom holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests.) Please address requests to Rocom Ltd, Agecroft Road, Pendlebury, Manchester M27 8SB
- Users 16 and under - If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Rocom's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.